Friday, February 4, 2011

On Aftermath

As expected, the "snow storm" wasn't nearly as bad as rumor made it up to be. Yes we probably got around 8 or 9 inches, but nonetheless, it wasn't anything to write home about. I'm thrilled to mention however that I did end up getting a snow day from work. Everyone panicked as anticipated and decided to close the office the night before. I did spend the majority of my snow day outside shoveling out the driveway and sidewalks. We got some freezing rain along with the snow which added to the weight of the snow, it sucked.

Today is my last day in the beige prison for a week however. I'll be going up north next week to do some snowboarding, relax in front of a huge fireplace in a lodge with floor to ceiling windows, sit in an outdoor hot tub, and just chill out. On the one hand I'm looking forward to it because I haven't been there in a few years, but on the other hand, there's nothing like the comfort of home and hanging out with my "fur babies."

Of course, I am still suffering from a persistent sinus infection, going into my second week. I went to the doctor last week to get some meds and they did nothing for me! So I called this morning the see about a new round. I just don't want to feel shady for my upcoming trip. It's just typical that I'd have to get sick now.

No comments:

Post a Comment