Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On Small Annoyances

I get irritated by the smallest things sometimes. I know I really shouldn't. I should just be concerned with myself and my own business. I shouldn't let what other people say/do bother me. (That's a lot of should/shouldn't.)

The freshest thing to bother me. Marriage/babies. If you're with someone for a long time, everyone around you asks... "So when are you getting married?" Then after you're married, they'll ask... "So when are you going to start having babies?" As if things of this nature are anyone's business. It's like asking someone, "So, did you take a shit yet today?" None of your business! The dynamics of a person's relationship with someone else should only be discussed amongst those two people. Unless of course the couple in question doesn't mind their personal space being invaded by nosey Nellies, then whatever. Or if the couple in question is open about discussing the status of their relationship with EVERYONE in the entire world. I'm not saying "couples" should keep nill about their relationship, or feelings toward their S/O, if they want to discuss things with say... close friends, hey, go for it, to each his own. I just get irritated when people think it's amusing to ask someone about when they're getting hitched or popping out a shit machine of their own.

Some people are content with just being with someone, things are working well as they are, so why change them? Some people want to get institutional and get hitched for various reasons, or just stay single, yet together for various reasons. Some people can't wait to have kids, some people are more apprehensive about it. These are all personal decisions. PERSONAL decisions that I don't think everyone and their brother should be harassing other people about.

Or maybe I'm just too conventional.



No comments:

Post a Comment