Saturday, December 4, 2010

On Friendship

A few weeks back, some friends of mine and I decided having a meal date would be a good idea. We had talked about it before of course, but it never happened. Welcome to our second dinner date. Our plan is to rotate hosts with a different type of meal each time, ie: breakfast, lunch, dinner. The first week was breakfast, consisting of quiche, toast, hash browns, fruit, and of course... screwdrivers. It was a great success. Lunch last night consisted of cheese & broccoli soup, sandwich roll ups, cheesy bread, an assortment of desserts, and of course plentiful wine.

It will be my turn to host in a couple of weeks, and I must say I'm thrilled that we're keeping up with this so far. Of course, it's still new and fun, we might bore of it quickly, but it feels so... grown up. Plus it's a wonderful excuse to get together with close friends and share a meal and laughter. Laughter lightens the heaviest of hearts. At this juncture in my life, I'm feeling particularly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment