Saturday, December 18, 2010

On Laughter




Another successful dinner with the dinner club last night. It was my turn to host. I made fettuccine Alfredo (homemade sauce), green beans with sunflower seeds with a garlic and red pepper seasoning, and baby corn with an onion seasoning. It turned out quite well. Everyone had at least two plates. It warmed my heart to see my friends enjoying something I had made. Especially since I'm not that great in the kitchen.
There was a plentiful supply of wine. We polished off a gallon... and then a bottle and half, it was nearly obscene. We sat around the living room belting out Christmas tunes and playing a silly board game, laughing hysterically. It's truly what friendship and the season is about.
Tonight my husband and I are hosting a Winter Solstice Party. At least thirty people, if not more will be here. There will be a bonfire out back for the brave ones who are willing to hang out in weather which is only in the "teens." Of course, we've got the basement set up quite nicely as well. Tables, chairs, games, dim lights. I think it will be a semi-epic party.
Alas, I'm already exhausted from shopping earlier today, and maybe from the inordinate amount of wine I consumed last night. Though, I am looking forward to having some fun nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment