Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On Faux Spring

The calendar says it's Spring, but the weather would suggest otherwise here in the Mitten. Of course, our weather has always been a little strange. A few weeks ago it was over 80 degrees, and then a few days ago, it snowed. Of course, I think there is something much bigger to these odd weather patterns. I'm taking the wait and see option on this one.

I've been working diligently on the proof for the paperback on Stress Test. I'm finding a number of mistakes. I sure am glad I'm looking it over before sending it out in the world, wouldn't want to look like a complete amateur. e-Book sales are something to be desired. I've sold eight copies which is disheartening, but there's been a decent number of "previews" downloaded, which also hurts, people will download the preview, but won't spend the $2.99 to finish it. Although, friends who've read it in its entirety, have told me it's a good story, entertaining, etc., so there's that.

In the meantime, I've also been working on Rogue, my second book. It's humming along quite nicely, I'm already proud of it and it's just a baby. It's more mature sounding, and dark, and thriller-esque, it sounds like a seasoned vet is writing it. If this one tanks, it will truly be heartbreaking. Of course, it will be another year or so I'm sure before it's seen by eyes other than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment