Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On Google +

Yes, I've accepted an invitation to Google + thank you very much. Rumor spreads that Facebook will start charging this summer. If that so happens to be the case, you can bet your bottom dollar that I won't be sticking around. There isn't much I care to pay for, and social networking is one of those things. Of course Google + is still in its infancy, so there's not too many of my fellow friends on the Google front, so it's quite honestly a little lonely, but they've got the same basic concept as the Facebook. It's interesting, and I believe if Facebook does start charging, a lot people will make the leap over to Google + or possibly even hop back on board with MySpace. Personally, I miss the days of Livejournal (which I still have) where a handful of my closest friends posted every day and we stayed connected that way. Which was sort of silly since we saw each other every, but that's besides the point isn't it?

In other news, I'm feeling myself slide into a little bit of a slump, which is really great for my writing. I find I write more often and better when I'm in a lousy mood. It must be something about the angst, though sadly I'm far from suffering from teenage angst. Can adults suffer from angst I wonder? Or is it just general depression? Who knows? I worked a little on Rogue this evening, not much, just over 500 words, but at least it was something. Since I've been letting sit for weeks while I've been out gallivanting in this wonderful summer weather. A writer has to experience life to have something to write about right? That's the excuse I'm using anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment