Thursday, July 21, 2011

On Heat Indexes Near 110 Degrees

Another hot day here, still not going to complain about it. I mean, what good would it do right? It's going to be got nevertheless. The silver lining is, today is going to be the hottest day of our heat wave with the temperature reaching 101 today, but then it's going to drop going into the weekend, back into the low 80's. You know it's hot when the low to mid 80's sounds like a relief.

Something that's been consistently bothering me as of late is other drivers. I've been known to go at least 5-10 over the posted speed limit, not exactly a good practice, but it's what I do. I don't exactly get pissed off if I can't speed, but I do happen to become quite flustered when I'm forced to go 10-15 UNDER the posted speed limit. These slow pokes seem to be running rampant, it's not just one person here and one person there, but gobs of people. I usually end up getting boxed in by these yahoos, so I'm stuck shaking my fist and trying to keep the vein in my forehead under wraps. Since it's been so hot, and I happen to drive a Wrangler with barely working air, my only solace is to keep moving to get some sort of breeze. Well, when it's 100 out and I'm going 20-25 mph, there's not nearly enough breeze to cool me off. So here I am going out of my head, baking to death in my car because some people think they by going slower, they're conserving gas. I beg to differ.

However, I'll be going on vacation next week, where I'm hoping to just lay on a beach with a cocktail and a book and not worry about such trivial things such as traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment