Saturday, April 7, 2012

On Self-Portraits

Well, it's a brand new month. I've done nothing noteworthy with these first seven days of April, other than start to get my hot mess of a house fixed up so that hopefully one day I can sell this piece.

I've decided to start a new blogging venture, in the form of pictures. If I haven't mentioned it before, I sort of like taking pictures. I got the idea to do this while looking at really old family pictures of my great grandparents, and great-great grandparents. There were so many posed family shots, and J brought up an interesting point, no one does this anymore. What better way to document something than with pictures.

So, I'll work on posting a photo or two a week, with a different theme. Today I had a little fun with self-portraiture, photographing one's reflection. But isn't a photo of you a reflection on its own? So, wouldn't this be a reflection of a reflection? And maybe it even looks like I'm reflecting within reflection, within a reflection... you know, like Inception, all the dream within a dream bullshit. Okay, that's too confusing, here's what I came up with.


I always love to showcase my dark hair and eyes. Blondes might have more fun, but brunettes are more mysterious and highly indecipherable.

No comments:

Post a Comment