Friday, September 9, 2011

On Ruts

Boy am I stuck in one. My mind is thinking, man I really want to write, I want to get that story down. But I just don't sit myself down and work on it. I mean, I did the other day, but found myself increasingly frustrated and distracted because I didn't know where I wanted the story to go at the particular point that it's at. I know when it's finished, it's going to be a great story, and hopefully memorable and entertaining, but in the back of my mind, I just want it to be done already. That won't happen unless of course I work on it.

Working on it should be become increasingly easier with the changing of the seasons. As I stay inside more, I can't help but set some time aside for writing.

The reading side of me is in full swing though. I've been burning through books like nobody's business. I just finished The Uninvited yesterday, it's supposed to be a true story regarding the Union Screaming House. Admittedly, parts of it creeped me out to the point where I couldn't sleep, but that's what I get for reading ghost stories in bed. I started Grave's End yesterday also, supposedly another true haunting story. I've been on a true haunting story kick since reading The Amityville Horror a few books back.

I love getting lost in a story, now I just need to find the desire to get lost in my own so I can finish this thing by next summer like I'm planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment