Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On New Beginnings

A week or so ago, I changed the beginning of my second book, Rogue. On my father's advice of course. Mainly, the main character's job needed to be changed in order to change the situation, so she went from being a waitress in a diner, to an artist renting space next to said diner. (The interaction of the diner is sort of important.) I wasn't too keen on what I had written when I had written it, but I re-read it yesterday, and I really sort of like it now. It's amazing how a piece of your own writing can really grow on you.

I keep saying that this book is going to be my breakthrough, that this is the one that should garner the most attention, but we'll see about that. I'll have to do a little extra advertising next time around, especially if I don't want to be a little office cronie until the day I retire.

Speaking of office cronies, yet another office manager has decided to leave us, this time with notice however. That notice doesn't help much since it was on the eve of a holiday weekend and her last day is tomorrow and... we've not hired a new person yet. Things will certainly be out of sorts probably for the next year again, that is if this next person or persons decide to stay. In the meantime, we'll all be in limbo. Especially me, since I know every job and responsibility around that place. Though... I really can't say I'm surprised.

The office party last week was a good time by the way. I should elaborate, the first few hours were more than lame, listening to teenagers be angsty and hearing girls sing men's songs, classics nevertheless, however, as the sun prepared to set, and the good band as I say prepared to take the stage, the times became much more enjoyable. The music was incredible, people were laughing, dancing, having a great time. And it certainly didn't hurt that we took a side trip to the bar at the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment