Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On the Grind

Christmas has passed. The last week of the year is usually pretty lax. The boss is out of town all week, looking forward to another long weekend this week. After New Year's there's really nothing left to look forward to in the way of time off until May, for Memorial Day.

Christmas in and of itself was okay this year, despite it not feeling like Christmas at all since it was relatively mild and brown and dreary. Spent time with my family which I'm always grateful for. Nothing was wrong at the home front which is always a plus. I received a huge stack of books which will keep me reading for at least a few months before I have to replenish my quene. I'm glad it's over though, because now I can start eating like a normal human being again.

I haven't worked on the book at all for a month (huge slacker) for various reasons. I feel like I really ought to get back to work on it this week. I'm much further behind on it then I'd like to be, especially if I'm hoping to release it this summer. Perhaps if I give myself a deadline for where I'd like to be in the book at what date, that might help. Plus the hoopla of the holidays being might help me refocus on my work.

1 comment:

  1. happy new year 2012! Hopefully in this year to the best of the previous year, and hopefully what we plan to be realized in this year.

    ReplyDelete