Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On Realization

Christmas is only days away. I finished the shopping this past Sunday (mostly.) Wrapping must commence, baking, packaging, etc. It still doesn't feel like Christmas. I keep trying to get in the mood by listening to Christmas songs at my desk, it's not helping. Add in the fact that the weather is a little warmer than normal and there's no snow on the ground and the obvious event that still seems surreal. Today is his birthday, he'd be 29. Dinner plans for the evening to wrap my best friend in love.

Work has been frustrating, I'm letting it stress me out more than I should. It really shouldn't bother me as much as I let it. Although, my boss surprised me with a Christmas something, completely unexpected, but makes me feel appreciated and valued.

I took a leap and sold my Jeep last night, made some cash off it, went and bought a brand new car, 2012 Dodge Caliber. I've never had a brand new car before, they've always been used. As J says, get whatever you want before you turn 30. I've already done so. I purchased my first dslr camera last month and I've fallen in love and now there's a new auto in my life.

There's talks of traveling to New Orleans in February in a group. I'm on the fence about going, for various reasons, but it's somewhere I've always wanted to go. I can't help but think of the photography and the possible material I could garner for my writing. I guess I ought to stop being so wishy washy.

No comments:

Post a Comment