Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On Contemplation

Since I'm circling the drain towards the end of the manuscript, I've been thinking about the work that needs to be completed once I finish the first draft, such as re-reading, editing, re-writing here and there. I was driving home from work last night and I was behind a particularly random car, extremely neutral, and I thought that would be the perfect car for one of my antagonists to be driving. I had mentioned a make and model earlier in the book and described it as a P.O.S., but I didn't really feel like it was that junky of a car, but this one I was behind yesterday seemed to be the perfect fit. It feels great to have "ah-ha" moments like that, when everything seems to be fitting right into place.

When I started this project (three years ago... whew) I felt like this work was going to be amazing, funny, great, but now that I'm getting toward the end, I'm fearing as the story continues, it turns a bit to the mediocre. I've let a few people read the first part of the book and they laughed, were entertained, and it warmed my heart, making someone laugh is an amazing feeling.

However, on the bright side, I'm already looking forward to my next project, hoping I'll feel even better about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment