Thursday, November 4, 2010

On Relief

For weeks I've been stumped on how to finish the manuscript. When I started this thing out, I knew exactly what was going to happen, how it was going to end. However, once I got into the meat and potatoes of it, the story completely changed, went in another direction, then I got to a point where the original ending just wouldn't work anymore.

Last night I had something of an epiphany. I was sitting at the computer, zoning out, and the ending came to me! It needs some polishing of course, but I've finally got the general premise of how it's going to end, it feels somewhat perfect. This dark, ominous cloud was looming over my head for the past couple of months, a sense of hopelessness that I wouldn't be able to finish this thing after all this time. The end is in sight now, three years of work will finally be completed. I'm still holding tight to my goal of completing this thing by 12/31, and I know I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment