Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On Training

Today marks the first day of yet another new employee at the office. So far, she seems like she won't need much training as she's already been involved with real estate and office environments and multi-tasking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

I've got the sinking feeling that no matter how much I try to train her my own way, I'm going to be hawk eyed over, and interrupted without fail. It's going to drive me up the wall, it's going to drive me to drink, it's going to make my blood boil, it's going to make me clutch my hands into claws and hold them back from reaching out for someone's neck. I've only got this sinking feeling because this is exactly what happened four months ago when I was training the last new person to walk in here. I only hope this one lasts because she seems perfect... on paper.

In writing news, as I've probably stated at least twice in here, I'm nearly finished with the novel. So incredibly close that I might finish it this month if I keep working steadily. However, I didn't work on it at all the last two days. I've just been in a funk, and writing was the furthest thing from my mind unfortunately. I'm almost scared to finish it and send my baby out into the world, it's nerve racking! What if it sucks? What if no one wants to read it? What if it's not entertaining enough for someone to want to even finish it if they start reading in the first place? The final scene is about to play out, and I'm one pins and needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment