Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On Progress

Last night I hit the 10,000 word threshold with Rogue. Granted, since I'm already two months deep into this project, I suppose I ought to be further ahead, but in truth, I don't work on it every day. It's exhausting working full time, and trying to keep up the house and trying to write a novel as well. Though I'm not complaining. No matter how much work it is, I have no plans on giving up on it, because writing stories is actually something I enjoy, even when I don't feel like doing it.

It helps to just work through it, even when you don't want to. When you've been at work all day, staring at a computer screen or what have you, and you come home and all you want to do is lay around, you just need to work through it. I don't always follow that of course, more often than not, I'll lay around and maybe read, or zone out, but with this awful, wet weather, it's easy to crawl into my computer room and plink away at the keys, making something hopefully readable and enjoyable.

I've gotten a lot of great feedback from the few people that have read Stress Test and some constructive criticism as well, which is actually helping me in the second book. All I can do is keep trying and hope that one day, I'll be able to do this for a living.

I think with this second book, instead of putting it out into the world on my own, I might actually look for as publisher, simply for the word of mouth. I'm feeling really good about this one, the story is strong and engaging, it's everything the first one isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment