Thursday, May 26, 2011

On Stormy Weather

We're in another jag of rainy, stormy weather here in the Mitten. Word has it that starting Saturday we'll have plentiful sunshine for a whole week! But those weatherpersons are usually never truly correct, even with all their fancy gizmos, I feel that it's somewhat impossible to track Mother Nature, but what do I know?

Despite the drab weather, I haven't worked on Rogue for roughly a week. Shame on me. If I want this thing done in a decent amount of time, I should be working 5-6 days a week. The story is coming together quite nicely though. I feel like this will be a longer one since I've over 11,000 words and it seems like the story is still in its beginning stages. I'm never one to toot my own horn much, but I'm really feeling that in the end, this one is going to be truly great.

Of course, since the summer is trying to work it's way into the air, I don't imagine I'll be doing much writing unfortunately. I find this irresistible urge to make any excuse to be outside when it's nice out. Probably because we're trapped inside for six months out of the year here! Even after a long day at work, I'm apt to go to the park, or hover around a bonfire, maybe even go to the beach and lounge. Yes, I could bring a laptop along and work, but I'd have to invest in a new battery I believe for the one I have, since it no longer holds a charge without being plugged in. Sort of a downer if you're trying to take your work elsewhere.

Memorial Day weekend is around the corner, quite literally. Despite having a long weekend last weekend, I'm still looking forward this one as well. I feel that every weekend should be a long weekend, for all. Not to mention, family gatherings with good food and hooch never hurt anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment