Friday, May 27, 2011

On Memorial Day

So 8:30 in the P.M. last night, my boss texts me to ask if I'd like work from 11-4 today, on one condition. So, intrigued, I text back, asking what the condition is. Seems simple enough, type out a purchase agreement and a few other documents and email them to the client, no big shakes. Typically it takes me ten minutes to do something like this. Well, all in all, this particular task took about 45 minutes going back and forth. It's not all bad though, I got to come in an hour and a half later, and I get to leave a half hour early, for the holiday weekend, not to mention, I'm getting paid for a full day... I really can't complain.

That being said, I've been contemplating the purchase of a kayak. I'm thinking something inflatable for storage and price purposes. I drive a soft top Jeep and throwing a full on kayak up on the roof probably isn't best idea in the world. My one fear of inflatable boats of course, is tears and popping. Who wants to be out in the middle of the water and suddenly capsize because you're in a blow up boat? Certainly not me. There's a sale at the sports store this weekend, maybe I'll see what sort of prices their tossing out on their kayaks, maybe I'll come home with one, maybe not.

Looking forward to some decent weather this weekend, cooking outside, hanging with the family and friends, unofficial start to summer, maybe the monsoon season will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment