Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On August's End

Usually the end of August around my office signals a huge bash about to be thrown. The Harper Cruise usually takes place this time of year, and since my office is right in the middle of the action, my boss finds an excuse to throw a big party. This is the fourth out of the fifth year that we'll have a live band playing... remember Sponge? Well, my boss is childhood chums with Vinny, the singer so he brings his new band over and plays an awesome show every year. With the exception of the second year. We had a DJ... whose equipment didn't work properly, and there wasn't much music at all, the party was for lack of a better word.. lame. I left that party around 8:00 that year.

Tomorrow is the event and there's all sorts of little things to get ready for. Taping off our property for our guests, buying a shit ton of ice for beverages, making signs, setting up tables, etc. Usually when the event ends, around 9:00PM, a bunch of us keep the party going by wandering next door to the bar. It's been an experience each and every year.

This year is looking to be a good one, I'll just have to get through the whiny, angsty, emo goth kids singing before the good band and then I'll have a good time. I imagine there will be time spent in the alley behind my car drinking hooch straight out of the cooler I plan to stow away. It always seems that when my friends stop by, my car is a hangout... I can't imagine why.

The best part is, if the boss gets a little sauced, he usually lets me come in a little later the next day following the party. I can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment