Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On News I Never Thought I'd Have

Long time, no write. That's my laziness kicking in again, don't worry.

Since we've last been together, J and I have completed the half bath remodel. New flooring, paint, new sink and cabinet, ans shiny new hardware. It's like a little pooping oasis in there.

We've also recently gotten new drywall put up in the main floor bedroom (formally known as the mold room.) If I haven't explained myself in the past, our past roof issues caused water to flow down the beams of our house, all the way to the basement. Water sat behind the walls and soaked into the insulation creating mold. We ripped down the wall and tore out all the old, soggy, mold ridden insulation and bleached the beams and remaining wood. We were really in no rush to put drywall back up in the bedroom, since we never really used it anyway.

However, we're expecting our first child in June, so, we sort of need a place to put this kid. I like to think we're going to win "parents of the year" for putting the kid in a room that was formally riddled with mold. But don't worry, it's all clear now. So, in hopes of taking our time in getting this kid's room ready, we had new drywall put up last week. Sometime in the spring we'll probably get around to painting the room. That is, if J and I can ever agree on a proper color.

I'm also hoping my "nesting" instinct kicks in at some point and gives me the gumption to repaint the main floor and upstairs hallway like I've been wanting to do for ages. I'm also hoping I'll feel like putting a bunch of crap away that I've been looking at for months, possibly years.

In any case, perhaps this whole kid adventure will lead me to update more. At the very least, I'll have a place to gripe and complain as I get more and more uncomfortable.

3 comments: