Thursday, January 24, 2013

On Not Being One of "Those" Broads

Well, I suppose now that I've admitted my filthy little secret here it's time to talk about it a little more openly. Even though, I still prefer to be a bit more secretive about it. That's sort of an oxymoron isn't it?

In any case, I know when I first found out about being "with child," I was curious about the whole thing, like, what the hell did I get myself in to? I immediately thought about all the negative aspects of it, because, let's be honest, I'm a bit of a naysayer. I thought about the morning sickness, becoming a whale, swelling, and worst of all... labor. I didn't immediately think about the kid I'd be producing. So I read other ladies' blogs. I figured real people would talk about their real experience. Very quickly I lost interest because all they could freakin' talk about was being knocked up or how great they felt being knocked up. I couldn't help but think these bitches are crazy.

So I'm making a disclaimer now. Yes, I will talk about being knocked up, but I'll let you know the dirty, little truth about it. Not every single post will be about being knocked up or the impending kid that childbirth usually brings. I'm still an individual outside of this creepy little alien growing inside me and I'm sure there's plenty of other things to talk about between now and squeezing this thing out.

Tomorrow's discussion will include, "finding out," feeling the immediate effects of being preggo, and so forth. It might make some of you ladies feel like you're not the only one who felt like ass during the whole process. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment