Wednesday, June 8, 2011

On Mitten Heat

I've vowed to not complain about the baking heat that we've been experiencing simply because it seemed like we were in a monsoon season with cold rain for 2 months, and lets not forget the mid April snow showers. Yes, it is HOT! Today it will be nearly 100 degrees with a heat index over 100 degrees but... this is the last day of the extreme heat. We'll be back into the mid to upper 70's by tomorrow, with the threat of thunderstorms of course, but at least we won't be baking alive.

Especially those of us who have no central air in our homes. Sure, a window unit in the bedroom cuts it for a comfortable sleeping environment, but what is one to do during their waking hours? The basement is an option if you have one, except mine always needs constant mopping due to a little issue my kitty has. Who wants to do that when it's 100 out? Not me.

I wish that I lived closer to a swim able lake, I wouldn't mind the excessive heat so much, but that's just not the case. Even if my parents still had a pool, I'd go over their house and take a dip. Oh well, I've got my inflatable pool still sitting in its box because I'm stubborn about setting it up for one or two hot days.

Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment