Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On Hangovers

I'm old enough to know better, but last night I threw caution to the wind and discovered what a lightweight pansy I really am.

My friend is in town for a very short period of time. He spent the last year across the sea working, and how he's moving to Arizona! Based on current circumstances last night was my last chance to see him, so I went out on a work night and I stayed out much later than I care to on a work night and I drank.

Now I know what you're thinking, I must have been really having a wild time if I'm talking about hangovers, but I want to let you know, I drank two glasses of wine last night, and that is all. Now I'm knowledgeable with wine and its hangovers but of course I wasn't thinking of that last night since I only had 2 glasses, however, when I went to bed and the ceiling was spinning, I knew I was going to be in trouble.

It was a rough start this morning, since I didn't sleep well or very long to begin with and I really had to drag myself around the house to get ready for work. When I walking into the office and sat down at my desk, everything was reverberating, sights, sounds, smells, you name it. Now that I'm getting on into the afternoon, the morning sluggishness seems to be tapering off. Of course now, I have no desire to touch the poison for a while. Did I mention I've got a party to go to this Friday, plus a weekend up north with some friends? We'll see how steadfast I am with this statement.

The moral of this story is, don't underestimate the power of wine. It will kick your ass before you even see the boot coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment