Friday, August 12, 2011

On Speed Limits

It seems like most people in my neck of the woods are idiots when it comes to driving.

When I first started noticing this unnerving pattern, I thought maybe it was a fluke. Maybe I was just unlucky enough to be on the road with people who chose to drive incredibly slow at whatever particular time of the day.

This is not the case at all. It seems like people over here cannot drive at any time of the year! Whether there's snow on the ground, a little bit of wet pavement, or even if the sun is shining, these people are all too cautious!

I'm talking about people who consistently drive at least 15 mph under the posted speed limit! It's not just one or two people, it's a whole mess of people. It always seems as though when I'm in a hurry, ie: driving to or from work, that I get stuck behind these people, and the people next to them are driving equally as slow, creating a box on wheels if you will, trapping me within it, driving me out of my head!

Yes, there are far more important things to stress out about in life besides traffic, but since I've been dealing with this pretty much all summer, I feel the need to vent. I can only hope that people around here learn how to read and drive, or I might have to move to another part of the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment