Wednesday, October 27, 2010

On Departure

What a way to begin a week. Half an hour after I arrived in the office, our front desk secretary walked out, leaving me to take the reins and pick up the slack again. I can't say I was surprised, I knew it was coming any day, and admittedly, it was something of a relief. However, it's back to square one now, I just hope the next person sticks.

Later on, I discovered that a different job that I applied for, and was very hopeful for didn't pan out. It left me very broken spirited for the rest of the day. So much so, that I went home after work and had a cocktail. Of course, I've never really needed a reason for a cocktail, heh.

This time around however, the going seems less rough because I have a hold on what I'm doing, I have a schedule (somewhat), I'm not as intimidated. I've been repeatedly coming through for this place, and I think they realize it, even though they never say it.

I'm still longing for the day when I work on my own. It will be a reality one day. I'm circling the drain on finishing the manuscript, I just don't know how to finish it now. I'm already feeling the anxiety of sending it out into the world though. I'm feeling as though my next piece will be a thousand times better than this one. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment