Thursday, October 7, 2010

On Obsession

Hi, my name is Kate and I have an addiction... to books! I mean, I really can't stop using. It's been nearly a lifelong addiction. I must have gone through thousands of them. Last night I purchased five more on half.com, a wonderful Ebay-esque site that feeds my addiction. I love prose, I love the stories, I love getting lost in another world, I love getting inspiration for my own work.

My husband got me a Nook for my birthday over the summer, and I'm in love with it. It's portable, I can take thousands of books with me anywhere I go and not worry about my covers getting bent, or lugging around two or three books at a time. The one drawback is, I'm a bargain shopper. If I can get a physical book cheaper on above referenced website, I can't see myself purchasing it through B&N. Sometimes however, there are some great steals, and of course I purchase whatever book on the Nook.

Here's to looking forward to feeding my addiction. Can't wait for the new books to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment