Friday, October 22, 2010

On Dollars

It's funny how coincidences work. I've been trying to get into a place where one of my friends works (government job) for three years with no luck. I started applying in other cities just to see where it leads to. On Monday I got a notice that one of the jobs I applied for was cancelled and given a new name and that I could reapply. I looked around on the website and noticed another opening at my friend's place and the job was closing on Monday, so I applied with the mild hope that I might be a good candidate with my extra three years of experience.

On Wednesday, my current boss gave me a dollar raise because "he doesn't want me to leave." While I'm incredibly grateful for such a raise, I still feel like I have to look out for myself and if by some chance I get offered this other job (which will pay me double to start) I have to take it. I'd be a fool not to.

Otherwise, I feel like my goal of finishing the manuscript by the end of the year is a doable, noble one, I feel it's closure within my grasp and I already have an idea for publishing. Maybe, just maybe, my one little dream will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment