Thursday, March 8, 2012

On Day Eight

Hang in there boys and girls, it's nearly Friday! This Friday for me, means pay day, which always perks me up, just a little bit.

I don't typically set goals for myself, out of sheer laziness I suppose. Though, there was one HUGE goal that I set and eventually got around to achieving before my deadline, thank you very much. That was, I wanted to publish a book before I was 30, and I made it with about two years to spare. Maybe I could try to squeeze out this second one before I'm 30, oh man, wouldn't that just be miraculous?

But that's neither here nor there. Today I'm talking about short term goals... for the Month of March. This particular post might be a whole lot more interesting if I actually had some short term goals. So, I'm just going to make some up on a whim:

  1. Get through 10,000 more words on my current manuscript. (This wouldn't be too difficult if I worked through 1,000 words a day like I should be, but I usually average somewhere between 700-800... every few days, or once a week.)
  2. Throw a bodacious St. Patty's party... on my front lawn. (To understand this, you must know that I live five houses away from an Irish Pub. Each year they have a tent party, live music and extremely overpriced drinks. Well, if you're standing on my front lawn, you can hear the music and watch all the drunken douche bags and hookers fall up and down my street. That's entertainment enough on its own.)
  3. This is a tough one. I'll try to make it a point not to spend all my free time engrossed in the new Resident Evil game coming out on 3/20. Depending on the game play, if I stare at it for too long, I might get motion sick, and that will just solve my problem won't it?
  4. Keep up an exercise routine. I was doing pretty well with this, doing my jazzercise ever other day and jumping around my living room like an idiot, but then more important things came up, like Fridays, or getting sick, or just plain not wanting to do it. I imagine this will be easier once the weather warms up, I can take my bike up to the park and tear up some trails. <--- More like, ease along the cement trails like an eighty year old.
  5. Don't let the jackasses annoy me. Come on, who am I kidding?
I think five goals is good enough. I mean, had to pull three of them out of air... I'm sure you could tell. Just to keep myself in check, on March 31st, I'll fill you in on how well I tackled these goals.

What's one goal you have for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment