Monday, March 12, 2012

On Day Twelve

I find it sad that I always dread Monday. Especially since I was born on a Monday, oh well. If you're like most of the world, you're back at work today after a hopefully enjoyable weekend. I was so blissed out yesterday, I completely forgot that my boss will be out of the office today and tomorrow. Believe it or not, this is not good news. This adds extra stress for me. I'll just have to travel to my happy place.



I suppose I started blogging roughly eleven years ago. Of course, back then it wasn't called blogging. I started out with Live Journal which was basically just a way for my friends and I to bitch back and forth to each other. My journal is filled with a bunch of adolescent crap about a boy I was head over heels for and paid me no mind. When I go back to that time and read some of those entries, I think gosh I was a douche bag.

I started this blog because I've been reading books on writing and marketing yourself as a writer and they made mention of having a blog. It's a way to connect with your readers, they say. It's a way to get yourself known, they say. If you've got blog followers, you might be able to turn them into book readers, and so on. So I thought I would make my blog about my process, what I was thinking as I was working on a manuscript, frustrations, triumphs, that sort of thing. I also thought I might throw in a little personal stuff as well, such as, I love photography, so maybe I'd post a picture I took and write a little paragraph about it. As if strangers would care right?

I also deal with anxiety disorder which, let's be honest, sucks. I call my different bouts rounds. Currently I've got low level anxiety, which means, I'm functioning well without medication, but I still have a few bumps in the road from time to time. Luckily, I haven't had much to write about on that front. The reason I decided to write about that though is because, I thought maybe if someone else has the same issues, they could see they weren't alone, and maybe they'd learn about new ways to cope.

So.. do you blog for business? Or for pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment