Sunday, March 11, 2012

On Day Eleven

Sunday again folks. It always seems like the weekend goes by so incredibly quickly. In case you were wondering, I had a marvelous weekend full of family time and hiking in the park. Might as well take advantage of this wildly unseasonable weather we're having right?

Has there ever been anyone you wanted to meet, living or dead? I'm sure you've been asked that question at least once in your life, and maybe you wanted to slap the bastard that asked you. I would like to meet two different people, and surprise, surprise, they are both writers.

Chuck Palahniuk, you may know him because he wrote a little book called Fight Club which naturally got turned into a movie. And then he wrote eleven other novels after that, as well as some non-fiction. Once I read Fight Club, I sort of fell in love. I love his writing style and it's how I'd like my work to read. I just don't think I can pull it off. 

And then you've got the master of horror, Stephen King. I believe I mentioned that I started reading him at a young age and over the years I've built up a semi-respectable collection. His writing style has always entranced me and pulled me in to a completely different world. Of course, it helps that I'm a little deranged and I enjoy the macabre, so his work suits me well. In spirit of his writing, I'm working in a horror/supernatural twist to my current manuscript. I won't be able to pull it off like him, but I am sure enjoying writing it.

Ideally, I'd love to get the both of them together for lunch and just sit there in awe. I'd love to hear about their process, and whether or not they feel the writer self-loathing I was talking about the other day. (I'm sure they do. They're only human after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment