Monday, March 5, 2012

On Day Five

Happy Monday to you fine folks. No, really… I meant that. It doesn’t matter who you are, or what kind of job you have, Mondays always suck. Thankfully, this one is just about over. I spent the early part of my evening winding down with old Roseanne re-runs and a cocktail, it seriously helped to de-stress me.




This here is one of my favorite photos. Jason and I went on a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon (after a lot of kicking, screaming, and crying… and maybe some hyperventilating on my part) and had a wonderful time. One of the islands we visited was St. Thomas. Naturally, it was beautiful, and being the Carribbean is was laid back as all get out. It was our big plan to hang out at the beach all day and drink (mission accomplished.) The beach we chose was Coki Beach.

As soon as our toes hit the sand, we could smell the pot hanging in the air. Apparently, we had chosen a very liberal beach. We rented some snorkel equipment and our Rasta looking gentleman gave us some Milk Bones to feed to the fish, no kidding. Apparently, tropical fish love Milk Bones, keep this in mind for your next Caribbean adventure. I ended up touching an apparently live crab who could have lopped my finger off with one of his pincers if he so desired. In my defense, I was touching him underwater through bleary goggles, and my eyesight isn’t that great anyway, I didn’t see a damn crab inside the shell.

After spending the day baking… and swimming, we got picked up by our cabbie and deposited to the dock where we awaited departure. While standing on the boat deck and looking at this beautiful view, we could still smell the pot lingering in the air. Apparently, it wasn’t just the beach, the whole island liked to party.

What is one of your favorite vacation destinations?

2 comments:

  1. Probably not where there's a lot of pot!
    I still want to go to New Zealand and visit all the film locations for LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who traveled to New Zealand. Beautiful country I hear. It would be an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete