Monday, March 26, 2012

On Day Twenty Six

I usually come to work with low expectations on a Monday. Today my expectations were even lower due to the fact that my boss is out of town until Friday. Believe it or not, I actually find that work is better when he's available, mainly because I get harassed less because I can stay on top of every little task that comes at me. Meaning, that since he's gone, I'm doing double duty at my desk, which prevents other people from getting their checks right away. Sorry dudes, the work at my desk is more important. This is what causes said harassment... where's my money?! If only I could be so demanding come pay day.

That's why it's important to have outlets outside of work that help soothe and de-stress you. This is where friends come in. I've got a very small circle of friends, mainly because I just really don't care for a lot of people, a lot of people annoy me (disclaimer: I know I annoy people as well, so the door swings both ways.) And I've really only got one friend that I can tell anything to. Actually, I prefer it this way. At least with a small circle, you're not obligated to hang out with a bunch of different people and you don't piss off other friends by being unavailable because you're hanging out with someone else.

These are a few people that I see most often. That young man there, I've known since I was eleven years old. So, we're going on eighteen years of friendship. Gasp, we're a whole legal adult! This is the cat that I can tell anything to, this one knows me better than anyone and he can immediately brighten up a shitty mood, I'm pretty sure we're life partners. To me, this guy is the dog's tuxedo and there isn't much I wouldn't do for him. That young lady I've known for probably six or seven years, we often get mistaken for sisters. I suppose there is a resemblance. She is one of the few chicks that I actually get along with, probably because we feel the same about a lot of shit. This girl, is pretty friggen' awesome. 

Which leads me to this young lady. I've known her for the same amount of time, and I actually met her at my job. It turned out that we knew the same people, but didn't know each other. As soon as we discovered that we ran in the same circles, we became immediate friends. This chick and I have a lot in common personality wise which is why we click so well, and we also feel the same about most topics. Also one of the few chicks I actually get along with.
With my small circle of friends, we can be doing nothing or anything and still have a pretty great time. Seriously, it doesn't take much to entertain this bunch. We often spend a lot of low-key time together, at someone's house, or at a local pub, whatever the day/evening brings and it's just nice to let everything else melt away when spending time with friends.

Do you prefer to have a large group of friends or a small, tight-knit circle?

2 comments:

  1. I like a tight knit group plucked out of a larger group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you do. :-) I think it's better that way.

    ReplyDelete