Tuesday, March 27, 2012

On Day Twenty Seven

I'm nearly done with this blog challenge business, only four more days to go after today. After blogging every day (mostly) I've decided that after this, I'll probably only do a weekly post, maybe two a week. That way, if I'm not as readily available you guys might miss me more, ha ha, fat chance right?

I started doing this blog-a-day thing because a friend suggested it. It was a great idea by the way. Also, I never really posted anything worth while in this thing, well, at least nothing that anyone would want to read. I mean, do you really give a shit if I am or am not making progress on my book? Nope, I didn't think so. If I post a good-lookin' picture that I took, you might be interested enough to be like.. that's a nice picture, good shot. Or whatever. But really, when it comes to reading a stranger's blog, what is it that pulls you in? The writer has to be entertaining, am I wrong?
I thought I might pick up a few ideas for the book, maybe I would jog some deep, dark recess in my mind and I would write something brilliant, I'd go on to win several prestigious book awards, and the Nobel prize for literature! Okay, I'll admit, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'd be happy with a little unknown Indie book award, but you see where I'm getting at right? I was just trying to keep the creativity flowing. If you're a writer it helps if you actually, I don't know, write something.

My husband says I should be working on several different projects at once. If I'm working on a manuscript, why not start a second one, or start a book of short stories? Dip the pen into different pots, well, I say, that's how one picks up VD. I've tried to work on a few different projects at once, and do you know what happened? Nothing got done. I'm pretty sure I'm linear minded and I can only concentrate on one big thing at once, ie: a single manuscript.

I've sincerely enjoyed working on this challenge even though most days I was a little bitch about it and whined about how I didn't want to blog, but I did it anyway. Even though I missed two days, I still made up for it, by at least acknowledging the missed day in the next day's blog... whoops.

2 comments:

  1. It was for the experience! If not for anything but having self-motivation do something, everyday, in some way! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was a great experience. I might have to make something out of this, trying different things for different months, or whatever amount of time. The self-motivation to do this every day is really something since I don't even work on my book every day, perhaps I should put some energy into that, hah.

    Thanks again for the suggestion! :-)

    ReplyDelete