Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On Day Thirteen

I went through half the day thinking that today was Wednesday... until I looked at a calendar and realized... shit, it's only Tuesday! I do this more often than not, and it never fails to be a huge downer. I was so thrilled because I thought I only had two more days of getting up early for work, what a let down.

Now that that's out of my system, since it's about mid-March now, the topic of summer vacation has come up. My husband and I usually try to take at least one, week long vacation over the summer. This year we were considering driving down the Myrtle Beach, it seems we are both natural beach dwellers. A few years back when we went down to the Outer Banks we talked about driving down to Myrtle Beach, of course, this was May and it was unseasonably cold while we were down there, and we thought, it's too damn touristy. I think that's what is dissuading us this time as well.
Last night he mentioned that he looked into going to Maine. Immediately I thought, we can stalk Stephen King!!! Don't worry Mr. King, if we do end up in Maine, I won't stalk you, I'll simply be peering around the area wide-eyed looking for you. We've been meaning to check out Boston for the historical value, but we've been putting it off for whatever reason. This idea gave us an opportunity to check out Boston and drive up to Maine while we're at it. From the Mitten (through Canada) it's about a sixteen hour drive to Maine. Of course we would stop along the way to check random things out, it's what we do. I also have an affinity for lighthouses, just like my mother, so this would give me an opportunity to check out East Coast lighthouses.

All this talk is making me itchy to get the hell out of dodge. I always get a little jumpy when we're getting ready to leave on any vacation, but once we're gone, it's complete bliss. Our destination is not yet decided, I don't think we'll be doing too much ocean swimming if we head to the northeast, but we'll definitely be week-long beach bums if we head southeast.

What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. The only thing I hate about a vacation is the brainiac warning that I am down to two days left.

    Lighthouses are too cool. I had a friend who used to photograph and subsequently paint them.

    If you go by King's place (in Bangor) it is visible. I saw it when traveling some 10 years back.

    Have fun and enjoy all of your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that warning as the vacation starts to dwindle down. It's a total drag.

    Living in Michigan, we've got a boat load of lighthouses, and they are pretty neat, there's just something about them.

    I'd love to go by his place, I made my husband bookmark a picture of his house so we know what we're looking for, haha.

    ReplyDelete