Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On Day Fourteen

Happy Pi Day... if you're in to that sort of thing.

Let's get down to brass tacks.

My parents. They've been married for forty-two years, yes it's true. My dad is a quiet man, doesn't get too huffy or excited about much. I tend to take after him. My mom is the complete opposite. An extensive worrier, and she will talk to a brick wall. I guess it's true, opposites really do attract. Somehow, they've managed to stay married all this time, and good for them. It's quite a feat these days. They've made me into the person I am today, and I like to think that even though I'm quite the scumbag, the decency in me comes from them.
My brother and I. This is a completely forced and fake smile on my part. If you haven't gathered from all the fancy clothes, this is indeed a wedding, mine in fact, and oh boy was that day a mess. I mean the whole day. This particular photo of my brother and I came as a complete surprise. We were gabbing one moment, and the next, there was a camera in our face. Cheese! And this is what you get. Pardon my neck cords sticking out all iguana-like. He and I have had a love-hate relationship over the years. Mainly because he is substantially older than me, by nine years, and when I was a kid, he was a teenager and of course, he didn't want his lame-o little sister hanging around. He also took part in shaping me because him being my older brother, I liked everything he liked. I was rocking out to Metallica, Megadeath, and Black Sabbath when I was six, okay. Over the years, as I obviously got older, I suddenly became more tolerable. Needless to say, we actually like each other now.

Fortunately, I'm still within close proximity to my family, so I can show up whenever I want and demand a meal... I mean, visit them. I like to think it will always be that way, but you never know, someone might get crazy and move away.

Are you and your family close?

No comments:

Post a Comment