Sunday, March 18, 2012

On Day Seventeen... and Eighteen

Okay, I screwed up. I knew I would. I wish I had a legitimate excuse for not posting yesterday, like I was out drinking all day, but I can't lie to you. What I was really doing was sitting in my back yard taking advantage of the 70+ degree weather listening to the live bands play down the street. I then went out for a leisurely coffee and dinner, and then had some friends over. Nothing too exciting.

I expected the shenanigans to be much wilder than what actually transpired. In St. Patty's Days past, there were colonies of drunks stumbling up and down the street, falling all over each other and on their faces. This just wasn't so yesterday. I guess the recession is really hitting those folks who think they're Irish.

So, this post today will be a twofer, combining yesterday and today's topics in to one.

I generally think that I wouldn't want to trade places with anyone. I like to think that I'm not too materialistic, but to be honest, I do like nice things. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what I've got, but I do sometimes envy those bastards with palatial sea side mansions who want for nothing.

To be completely honest, I don't know what I'd do with all that space, I'd probably wander around aimlessly wondering what sort of retro motif I could put into play somewhere. I'd get bored with my empty space and just line the walls with books, at least I wouldn't have to worry about where to store my collection. My cat and my chihuahua could four-wheel throughout the mansion until the cows came home, and then they could sun bathe in one of the floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. I could have an indoor-outdoor atrium for my parrot to enjoy the sun light and hear other birds squawking, but he'd still be safe from the elements, and other creatures.

All this ties into today's topic, plans, dreams, and goals. All that mansion talk could be a dream. Though, as long as that mansion had a lot of land around it so I wouldn't have to look at or talk to my neighbors, I'd be happy as a clam.

My plans are to one day, work for myself, to fully sustain myself on writing. Though, I know this is an iffy plan and no guarantee, I suppose it's also part of a dream. But then again, who doesn't dream of working for themselves?

Goals, well it's my goal to finish this second book in less time than it took me to finish the first one (roughly three years.) Mainly because I procrastinate way too much and it's tough to work all day at the office and then have the will power to come home and stare at the screen for a few more hours. Excuses, excuses though. I'm about a year deep in to this project, so if it takes another year to finish it, well I guess I'm in good shape.

What are some of your goals for the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment