Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On Day Twenty One

Well, I was happy go lucky yesterday (a rare occurrence for me) but today, it's back to normal. I did enjoy a quick five mile bike ride last night though, the first of the season. It's my intention to continue taking advantage of this weather tonight and perhaps find a nice, smooth surface to get some longboarding in.

I'm generally a frenzied person, it feels like I'm always racing around, or always thinking about something. The moments are few and far between when I can just be.
One of my favorite places to be is at one of the local parks or beaches. This shot is in the marina section of Metro Beach which is on the eastern most part of S.E. Michigan. If you're a local, you know Metro Beach reeks, the water is definitely not clean, there's dead fish a plenty and there's an oily residue which coats the surface of the water. I haven't been in that water in at least fifteen years. All of that aside, the scenery is beautiful. I've gotten some spectacular shots at this place. I often take my chihuahua here for long walks on the boardwalk, though he's happiest running along the trails in the woods, leash free. 

In the summer, you can often find me at either this park, or another, a bit further north west, hammocking in a little alcove with my little dog or taking pictures. It's here where I can peacefully read a book, or snooze under a canopy of trees, or just listen to the birds chirp and the wind rustle through the trees. Some people say "there's no place like home." I say, "there's no place like nature." 

What is one of your favorite places to relax?                                                                     


2 comments:

  1. Are you sure about that dock. Seems I've never seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. There is a small section of wooden docks right before you start getting in to the concrete docks.

    ReplyDelete