Sunday, March 25, 2012

On Day Twenty Five

The weekend is winding down again and the weather is a bit more seasonal now. Though, it's pretty damn apparent that I have to cut my lawn, in March! It's growing in obscenely wild patches and it's really getting out of hand.

My weekend was pretty quiet and low key, generally how I like it. Though I'm already anticipating weekend camping trips or day trips, I'm itching to get the hell outta Dodge. Whenever we go out to some park or some beach, we generally like to take our dog with us (he's a 12 pound Chihuahua) and he loves the outdoors, which is great because when the weather cooperates, that's where we're at. Often times, the beach rules state that no dogs are allowed. We generally disregard these rules and smuggle him in, which could result in our expulsion from said beach. It's not like we let our dog walk around dropping a deuce on the sand for other beach goers to step in. He does his business outside the grounds, off the beaten path, which we actually pick up.

Most recently, we headed up I-94 towards Port Huron and we decided to take our dog, even though the rules specifically said, no dogs on beach, but they could be at the park. Well, we were going to the beach, so I stuffed him in my beach bag and casually walked in like nothing was wrong. We found a secluded little section in some wild grass at the back of the beach where we could lay a towel down and let him hang out. The best thing about him is, he's a totally laid back kinda guy, he just laid down on the towel and watched his surroundings, he didn't even make a peep. He enjoyed the lake breeze blowing through his fur, and he was perfectly content.

On another occasion, we headed further north up to Tawas Point, where we often camp in the National Forest. Another past time that the dog loves. I think he feels like a real dog wandering around the woods, sniffing things out, off leash. We often go to the beach there to spend the day. I did the same thing, crammed him in my beach bag and smuggled him in all stealth like. We find a nice spot on the sand next to some other people so we can blend in and I look over to see a stroller. I'm thinking, shit we gotta move, we're next to a baby! Surprise, surprise there is a tiny toy Chihuahua peaking its little face out of the stroller. That was the most brilliant ruse I'd ever seen. I had to give that chick props for smuggling her dog into the beach in one of the most creative ways possible.

Have you ever tried to sneak a furry companion somewhere where they weren't supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment