Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On Day Six

But first, this special message: I am going to be one of those people and announce that today is my cat’s birthday. Dr. Leopold Francis Brandywine is turning 5 today and he couldn’t give a crap. This morning, his brother, Jameson plopped down next to him on the couch and gave him a birthday spooning.



On to today’s topic: My Favorite Superhero and Why. Damn, I feel like I’m writing a short essay for English class. Can I be honest with you for a moment? First of all, I’m a woman, I’m in my late (gasp) twenties, even though I am a huge nerd, I don’t give a shit about superheroes.


Though, I suppose if I had to choose one, I’d have to go with Wonder Woman. When I was a little girl, she was pretty bad ass. She ran around in her skimpy outfit with her bangin’ accessories fighting crime and speaking to the animals. I always imagined what it might be like to whip my boomerang tiara at someone, or snag someone in my own lasso of truth. Of course, being a kid, and gullible, the truth didn’t mean much to me. I mostly wanted to grow up to be a hot, tiny waisted, big hipped bad ass who could pull off running around in a body suit. I like to think that I can speak to animals like her, but the truth is, when I try to carry on a conversation with my pets, they look at me like I’m the dumbest person in the world.

So, who is your favorite superhero?

No comments:

Post a Comment