Friday, March 9, 2012

On Day Nine

Holy crap, it's finally Friday! Is it just me, or did this week seem to take forever? I know I shouldn't be wishing for time to fly by so quickly, it's really a shame, but honestly... who doesn't want the time to fly by while they're at work? Am I right?

Today it's time to discuss what I'm proud of. To be honest, there's really not too much to be proud of. I mean for one, I hate babies, and I often make terrible faces at them and I push them away, and lets not even get into my other vices. I feel like you and I don't know each other well enough yet to divulge all. Suffice it to say, I'm kind of a jerk sometimes.

As if you're not tired of hearing this, there is just one thing I'm extremely proud of. I claim to be a writer, as you may or may not know, and throughout the years (at least the ones where I thought I could tell a good story) I've wanted to actually complete a full length novel. Except I seem to have the same problem all other writers have, the writer self loathing. I felt like everything I wrote was trash. In fact, I still feel this way. But... I made it a point to finish a novel before I turned 30, just so I could say, I did it. The most interesting part of it, I feel is that (probably to my own demise) I did all of the work myself. The editing, formatting, cover design, copyright gathering, etc. This was A LOT of work, but I also learned a lot and while I got extremely frustrated, I was also really giddy about learning all this new stuff about the writing business.

The work that I put out, I don't feel is my best, but I think it's pretty entertaining. The next piece I'm working on I feel, is much better, deeper, and more complex. I believe it's more true to the type of writer I want to be, when I grow up.

Okay, so what are you proud of?

No comments:

Post a Comment