Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On Day Twenty

This weather is amazing, and it feels completely natural... even though it's the middle of March. While I'm soaking up every bit of sun I can muster, I can't help but be a little weary of the seasons to come. Does this mean we'll be sweating our sacks off come summer? Are we going to struggle through a drought and have to punch our neighbors in the throat for water? The utter lack of snow was apparent last weekend went I went to one of the local parks and the lakes were seriously low. It made me really wonder what's in store for the Spring and Summer.

When I was a teenager, I had a general idea of where I thought I wanted to be. I thought I'd have a decent job (I do), I'd be married (I am), I'd have a decent house (I do), and I'm pretty much where I thought I'd be. For some reason, it always bothered me when people asked, "Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?" How the hell am I supposed to know? I don't have a Delorian in which I can travel back to Hilldale as it's being constructed.

I honestly can't say where I'll be in another ten years from now. I have an idea of where I'd like to be. Mostly I'd just like to be a somewhat successful novelist, just successful enough to sustain a comfortable life style. That's not too much to ask right?

The only problem is, I have to stop procrastinating and actually "work" like every day.

So, to be an ass, where do you see yourself in ten years?

No comments:

Post a Comment