Friday, March 16, 2012

On Day Sixteen

It's finally Friday. It's felt like the longest week ever. 5:00 really couldn't have come soon enough today. It was an extremely long and stressful week, and I'm thankful that I can just be for two days. On a completely different note, I totally forgot that the bar (five houses away from me) opens at 7:00am tomorrow. I seriously hope they don't start rocking out with the music that early. I have no concrete St. Patty's plans, other than helping my mother buy a new computer, which, she hasn't done in over a decade... Friends might possibly be gathering at my abode later on for some Green festivities, but frankly, I don't give a shit about the holiday.

Today I am supposed to post a "baby" picture of myself, but since I'm not completely up to date with the latest technology, that's not possible. It's too bad too, my baby pictures would haunt your dreams. All I could come up was this:

 

I'm probably like 12 here, circa 1995. You can see how hardcore I am because I'm rockin' a suede vest with a tank top underneath. Yes, I was a fashion daredevil. I'm pretty sure that the poofiness of my hair is thanks to the remnants of a perm as well. That's right, I said it, a perm! This is my mother and I at Frankenmuth which if you've never heard of it, is Michigan's Little Bavaria, also known as a complete tourist trap. I don't remember this day at all, even though there's photographic proof of my being there, but I'm almost certain I had a terrible time. I went back there with my husband last year and it was so... bleck. A big German tourist trap. Of course, if you love chicken dinners, apparently they have phenomenal ones. I'll give them this though, they do make some sweet fried green beans. 

Speaking of pictures, when I was younger, I never saw too many pictures of me as a baby, just as a toddler and up. For the longest time I was convinced I was adopted. I based this on the fact that I didn't see baby pictures of me, and because I'm the only one in my immediate family who has brown eyes. Never mind the strong resemblance I bear to my dad, and my paternal grandmother and great aunt. This type of information is lost on a young kid. 

Now that I'm an "adult" I've got an affinity for taking pictures, so I can remember things when I'm older. Why just the other day, I was snapping pictures at my parent's house and I took some of my mom (who hates having her picture taken by the way.) She later threatened to beat my ass if I didn't delete those pictures. Well, I didn't delete them, but I promised not to post them on the "Internet." 

What's one of your favorite memories as a kid? 

No comments:

Post a Comment